What are Google AdWords?
Google AdWords is a system developed by Google to assist online marketers in marketing their products or services via the Google search engine and its affiliate sites.
You can choose to list only in Google; in Google and other search sites; or in Google, other search sites, and in contextual ads. Google AdWords places text ads as “sponsored lists” when people search for phrases related to what your business offers.
Google AdWords is a form of pay-per-click (PPC) advertising. You bid for a series of keywords or keyword phrases and pay that amount when someone clicks on your link. Ads appear at the top right corner on Google’s front page. You can also try to determine at what position on the page your ad will appear based on the amount of your bid and the value of that particular AdWords.
Why You Should Use Google AdWords
Google AdWords are designed so you can reach a targeted market of people looking for your product. Visitors that may have found a website in a search engine’s organic result will behave differently than visitors who come directly from pay per click ads. This is because traffic from organic searches come from people who are looking or searching the Internet for information, while traffic from PPC ads typically comes from people who are looking for a product or service they need and want to buy.
AdWords are easy to set up. Once you have an account at Google, you can begin to create ads whenever you want. Simply log in, name your campaign, and enter the headline, short body copy, and destination link.
You will need to pick keywords related to your products and services, and choose how much you’d like to spend on each click on your ad. Depending on the value of the keywords you desire and the amount of your bid, your ads will be displayed on Google front page search results for your specified keyword.
Google also has an AdWords keyword tool that can help you pick the right words and phrases for your business. AdWords also allows you to spend whatever amount you want – no minimum — so you can start slow and adjust your budget as your business grows.
Google AdWords includes many more powerful marketing and business features. For example:
- The system protects against multiple clicks from the same user.
- In AdWords, you can also sets a maximum cost per day. You can always adjust your AdWords campaign spending at a predefined amount per day.
- If you feel you have had enough clicks for one day, you can tell Google not to display your ad after a certain amount has been spent. Once this threshold has been reached, your ad will no longer be displayed until the following day.
- You can also revise your ads If you do feel a particular ads isn’t converting well.
- You can pause or stop your campaign, make your necessary adjustments and continue your campaign when you desire.
Unleash the power of AdWords for your business. Glue Digital can show you how.